To support our various causes which will Insha Allah serve our generations to come, we are humbly requesting you to donate generously and reap the rewards of all the good (khair) that will come out of this project. May Allah s.w.t reward you abundantly. Please make dua for these programs to be accepted by Allah s.w.t.
Community development activities
• Provide basic education on immigration related matters
• Seminars/Workshops- to bring awareness regarding civil liberties, home foreclosures, domestic violence and other social issues related to our community.
Collaborative community efforts
To contribute to our diverse community CITCD will work in alliance with like-minded organizations to provide support and services such as:
• Food pantry
• Soup kitchen
• Prevention of violence in youth
• Prevention of drug abuse
• Basic health screening
• Winter clothes drive
• Back to school supplies
• Gymnasium for men and women with basic equipment to enable a healthy lifestyle. Separate
timings for brothers and sisters.
• Indoor recreation for children such as ping pong, mini-basketball, etc.
• Play area for toddlers
• Outdoor basketball/volleyball court
• Community gathering hall for Eid events, etc.
• Full time Quran memorization (Hifz) school with secular education for children
• Weekend classes on fundamental Islamic teachings for Men, women, and children
• Teaching of Quranic recitation for adult learners (especially new Muslims)
• Recreation area with indoor games for the community
• Zabiha Halaal meat supply service (not for profit)
• Islamic library
• Bimonthly lectures
• Construct new washrooms and wudu area for men and women
• Full service kitchen
• Air conditioning in the main hall
• Basic computer lab
• Expand the Islamic library
• Fitness equipment and add recreation/games
• Furniture for the main hall and classrooms
• Washing facility for the deceased
Islamic teaching activities
Introduction to Islam
Islam is the way of life prescribed by our creator for the success of mankind in this world and in the hereafter. Allah s.w.t. revealed Islam to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and made him a perfect example for mankind in all aspects of life. To introduce this religion of Islam to the community we aim to conduct classes for teaching fundamentals of Islam at CITCD.
Promoting the understanding of Quran
As Muslims we believe that the Quran is the last revelation from Almighty God. To enlighten our society with this source of guidance, Islamic scholars will impart authentic understanding of the Holy Quran.
Islamic education for children
To keep our children attached to the Islamic heritage and keep them involved in constructive activities, CITCD will conduct Islamic quiz/Quranic recitation (Qirat) competitions. This will lead to productive utilization of our childrens’ vacation time by conducting short Islamic courses and workshops.
Islamic reading for adults
For the adult Muslim learner, CITCD will arrange sessions of Islamic reading from authentic books of Islam.
Teaching recitation of the Quran
The timeless beauty of the divine word of Allah s.w.t. can be realized only when Quran is recited according to the rules of recitation (Tajweed). Insha Allah CITCD will conduct courses for adults interested in learning Tajweed (Quranic recitation)
To enrich our lives with the guidance and wisdom of authentic Islamic literature, CITCD will establish an Islamic library open to the community.
All above services will have separate arrangement for brothers and sisters. All are welcome to attend.